• Welcome! Read this thread to learn more about the server and how you can join it.

Suggestion Decading recognitions

Chocolate Wolf

Lancer
Donator
Short Description: -If possible could you create decading recognitions for people you've met once?

Short examples -

1 - You've met someone for the first time and after a while your recognition of him by F2 starts to fade away slighly and you need to F2 him once again.

2 - One you've F2'ed someone 3-4 times you will permanently recognise that character as you're getting used to seeing his face.

This could potentially bring more immersion for everyone imo. Imagine cops remembering each face in a city from the first time and can spot them a soon as they pass by and god forbid they are wanted etc.

Not sure if possible but yeah, could be cool to have a concept like that implemented.

Required Workshop Content: - N/A

Turbi

Lancer
Donator
+1, you got my support on this. Really great idea immersion-wise!

EDIT: I think the permanent recognition should be based on how many times/how long have you stayed around that character maybe? Instead of having to press F2 every time you see them

Aspect™

No breaks...
Staff member
Founder
Developer
Level Designer
How would you exactly display to the player that a recognition is/has decayed? Should they just become unknown after a few days? Should letters or words start disappearing? Should question marks appear at the end?
Also, what's stopping a player from just spamming F2 on the same person the first time they meet to bypass this whole system? A cooldown could maybe work but what if the player makes a typo or wants to change the target character's nickname? Do they have to wait the entire cooldown to do that?

Chocolate Wolf

Lancer
Donator
This system is more useful for the CP players. I personally F2 anyone that I manage to be introduced to but as time passed I feel like it's way too easy for CP's to easily place BOL's and even recognise players that they have met once.

I'd assume the recognition would go away after a certain cooldown is reached. I'm not sure if possible but if a recognition timer is set to like 1-2 days and then you need to F2 the person once again if you by any chance rememebr them or they re-introduce themselves by lying with their name or by giving their real name this time. It might help rebel-oriented characters to approach the city more and not hide in the sewers and detach from the main zones of intended roleplay.

Aspect™

No breaks...
Staff member
Founder
Developer
Level Designer
This system is more useful for the CP players.
Doesn't really matter; it'd apply to everyone. What, do CPs have dementia but citizens don't?

I'd assume the recognition would go away after a certain cooldown is reached. I'm not sure if possible but if a recognition timer is set to like 1-2 days and then you need to F2 the person once again if you by any chance rememebr them or they re-introduce themselves by lying with their name or by giving their real name this time. It might help rebel-oriented characters to approach the city more and not hide in the sewers and detach from the main zones of intended roleplay.
This doesn't really address the issue I mentioned:
What's stopping a player from just spamming F2 on the same person the first time they meet to bypass this whole system?

Chocolate Wolf

Lancer
Donator
What's stopping a player from spamming it - Well a timer as you said, and if he wishes to re-do it due to a typo isn't there a way to implement a command that allows admins to reset the F2 action? I'd assume there will be /adminhelp "Uh I did a typo on a character" and there could a rule regarding the time period of which you are allowed to re-do it by admin reset.

Also my words relating to the CP's was more of an example as to how this might/might not create better immersion or furthermore develope the realism (I suppose).

Aspect™

No breaks...
Staff member
Founder
Developer
Level Designer
I'd assume there will be /adminhelp "Uh I did a typo on a character" and there could a rule regarding the time period of which you are allowed to re-do it by admin reset.
I suppose this would solve it, but it might be too much. And how can staff track when the last admin reset happened? It'd either have to be yet another feature or more manual documentation work for admins. It all just sounds like extreme overkill for the benefit that it would provide.

Chocolate Wolf

Lancer
Donator
I suppose this would solve it, but it might be too much. And how can staff track when the last admin reset happened? It'd either have to be yet another feature or more manual documentation work for admins. It all just sounds like extreme overkill for the benefit that it would provide.
Is there a way to implement a date on the logs when someone has recognized someone?